Please note that this course is now being offered through the DAANA approach (Pāli, Sanskrit: दान)"the practice of cultivating generosity". Please contact Jackie to learn more about how it works.
Do you want clarity around the message or root causes of your cancer?
Clarity is one of the key things you will get by taking this course. Cancer is a complex disease with multiple contributing factors. Getting clarity around what these factors are can help you focus on what is really important for you in order to make the path to healing as direct as possible.
Do you want to feel confident that you are doing everything you can to heal?
The other main focus of this course is to help you take a proactive role in your healing. Taking responsibility for and actively participating in your own health is key to deep and lasting healing. It is not about blame or guilt but rather about empowerment. You will be equipped and empowered with the knowledge and the tools you need to feel confident that you are doing everything in your power to listen to the messages from your body, strengthen your immune system and make any necessary changes so you can get and stay healthy!
Cancer Recovery Foundation International (statistics based on interviews with over 16,000 survivors)
Could cancer be your guide?
In the people that I work with I have seen it happen time and time again where cancer has led them down a new, exciting and more fulfilling life path. This is what I want to help you discover – what changes will your healing journey allow (or give you permission) to make? Joyce O’Brien, my first guest in the course shares her story of how stage 4 breast cancer led her from a high paying, stressful Wall Street job to her true calling and to a new life that she would not trade for anything!
A new Perspective
The course is designed to help you make a big shift in perspective. A shift from seeing cancer as only a life threatening disease to opening up to the possibility that your healing journey may potentially be life enhancing and that it may bring about changes in your life that result in greater levels of joy, fulfillment, passion and harmony.
Wayne Dyer’s Confession
When I interviewed Wayne Dyer two years after his cancer diagnosis (CLL – Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia), he shared with me how life-altering it was. Wayne experienced his cancer diagnosis as a wake-up call on many levels. He confessed to have been caught off-guard and didn’t believe his doctor at first. He was also temporarily brought down by fear and stopped doing many of the things he loved to do. He described it as ‘buying into the diagnosis’.
Finding the Blessing
In reflecting on his cancer, Wayne admitted to the many blessings that came from it. He felt he became a better person, father, husband and teacher. He felt moved to serve even more people and felt more unconditional love.
During the course I will share with you a recording of Wayne's answers to questions like - Does cancer have a higher purpose? and Did cancer change your daily routine?
During his healing journey, when he started to do what he loved again Wayne said he started feeling better than he had ever felt in his life! That was Wayne’s blessing – what will yours be?
Can Cancer Lead you to your Calling?
I’ve had a lifetime of adventure, traveled and lived in many places, studied with lots of teachers and had several careers as I searched for my purpose and gift. Everything came into focus as a result of being diagnosed with breast cancer in 1989. That was an earthquake in my life and became the catalyst for deep personal exploration and growth.
Barbara Musser, Creator of Sexy after Cancer (Week 6 special guest)
As a certified life purpose coach, during the course I explore and start to open you up to the idea that cancer could lead you down your purpose path - a path of greater levels of fulfillment and joy!
Here are some shifts your will experience. A shift...
|Fear and anxiety||Acceptance and empowerment|
|Anger and frustration||Greater peace, non-judgement and curiosity|
|Thinking your body has let you down||Believing in its incredible intelligence & healing power|
|Pleasing others||Listening to and voicing your own needs|
|Being hard on yourself||Greater self love and daily nurturing|
|Seeing cancer as life-threatening||Seeing it as a potentially life-enhancing experience|
|Treating your cancer as the enemy||Seeing your cancer as a messenger to learn from|
|Feeling sad and discouraged||Discovering something that makes you passionate and ignites your spirit!|
Specific results you can expect:
- A new view of your cancer and why it appeared in your life
- Confidence and empowerment
- knowing that you are taking important steps everyday to facilitate deep & lasting healing
- An ability to listen to your body and respond to its call for attention
- An ability to love yourself and put your needs first - without feeling guilty!
- More passion & energy & inspiration to create a vibrant, fulfilling life!
Week 1: Seeing your diagnosis in a new light
- Guest interview with Joyce O'Brien - 15 year stage-4 cancer thriver and author of the book Choose to Live will be talking about how she feels blessed by her cancer experience and the changes it allowed her to make in so many important areas of her life.
- The Cancershift paradigm shift - from life threatening to potentially life-enhancing & why
- Meditation - how it can boost your immune system & keep you more grounded
- How to listen & learn from your body
- Creating a place of peace & acceptance - learning how to practice non-judgement & why it is so crucial
- Cancer as a wake up call - what is the message?
- Gratitude - a powerful healing tool
- Cancershift Immune Booster Guided Meditation
- E-book - How visualization works & how to optimize its impact on your health
Week 2: Shifting from fear to faith
- Guest interview with Ty Bollinger - Medical researcher, health consultant, nutrition specialist, founder of The Truth about Cancer and author of Cancer - Step Outside the Box. Ty will be sharing his knowledge of the effects of fear on our immune system.
- Shifting from fear to faith - one life changing belief & how to adopt that belief
- Definition of health - a surprising element in the healing equation
- The healing process - order of priority healing & why it matters
- Fear - what is it and how do you create it?
- The effect of fear - on the body and your life
- Strong emotions - how to identify & develop the ability to influence them
- Mindfulness & present moment living
- Shifting from fear to empowered action exercise
- Cancershift Deep Healing Guided Meditation
- 3-Part Video series - the healing power of meditation, how to develop a regular practice & how to gain more control over your emotions and emotional well-being!
Week 3: Turning inwards for guidance
- Guest interview with Dr. Dean Shrock - mind-body-spirit expert, author of several best selling books (including Doctor's Orders Go Fishing & Why Love Heals), speaker, former director of Mind-Body Medicine for a group of 40 physucian managed cancer centres in the US.
- What is deep healing & why is it so important?
- Creating a place of peace - to optimize your healing & tune into guidance
- A new view of cancer - survival mechanism, messenger?
- Life lessons - how struggles teach us, guide us and help us to thrive
- Ego & Soul dynamics - who is in charge?
- Listening to your soul - guidance in its many forms
- Guided meditation & rewriting your cancer journey
- Understanding the language of your soul & your cancer
- Peacefullife 5-minute mini meditation
Week 4: The incredible healing power of the body
- Guest interview with Dr. Madan Bali - Vedentic Scholar, 92 year old yoga teacher and healing guru will talk about the incredible healing power of the body, your internal pharmacy, how you can tap fully into the innate healing power of the body and the importance of the relaxation response in healing.
- The importance of yoga and pranayama - releasing tensions, nourishing/cleansing cells, creating greater levels of awareness & health
- Life priorities exercise & letting go of what no longer serves you- are you spending time & energy on what really matters to you?
- Your secret or silent struggle - and why it is important to address it
- The devastating effects of feeling trapped or helpless
- Shift from feeling helpless to making conscious choices - a journey towards empowerment
- Peacefullife 15-minute Mindfulness Guided Meditation
Week 5: Cancer Personality Traits & The Power of your Emotions
- Guest interview with Dr. Susan Silberstein - founder of the Center for Advancement in Cancer Education (1977) after the death of her young husband to cancer. For 35 years, she served as the organization’s Executive Director before assuming her current position as Educational Director. During her interview Susan talks about the importance of identifying and working through 'what is eating you' as being even more important than what you are eating!
- Review profiles of a:
- Cancer thriver - what do thrivers do, how do they think, what makes them different?
- Cancer patient - what traits do cancer patients have in common, how to cancer patients see and handle stress?
- The most detrimental types of stress and how to reduce stress in your life
- The importance of self love
- Loving yourself everyday - how do you nurture, care for yourself everyday?
- The importance of laughter & play
- Forgiveness and letting go of resentment - towards yourself and others
- Permission to empowerment exercise
- Listening to your cancer's message - opening up to its guidance & wisdom
- Lingering fears - identifying what may still be holding you back & why
- Peacefullife Guided Energy Flow meditation
Week 6: Can Cancer lead you to your Calling?
- Guest interview - Barbara Musser, thought leader in the field of cancer and sexuality. She has worked with thousands of women, couples and health care providers to help those touched by cancer know that they are beautiful, desirable, sexy and can have a happy and healthy intimate and sexual life.
- Inspiration & emotions - how they effect the immune system
- Following your bliss - passion as the magic ingredient in the recipe for a fulfilling life
- Passion Hunting exercise
- Karmic actions
- Taking action and your internal GPS
- Jackie's 10 Spiritual Principles to Live By (50 min. webinar)
- Jackie 10 Spiritual Principles to Live By (PDF handout)
Week 7: The Importance of Mindfulness
- Guest interview with Dr. Timothy Walker CCC, NSRPC-Co-founder, Director & Chief Spiritual Advisor - Tim is founder of the EastWind Stress Reduction Clinic and has more than 25 years’ experience integrating Mindfulness into counseling, education and healthcare. He has taught at Dalhousie and Acadia University, and at the Halifax Counselor Training Institute. In 1999, with Dr. Rob Rutledge of the Nova Scotia Cancer Centre, Tim co-founded the Skills for Healing Weekend Retreats and in 2003 the Skills for Wellness Programs for healthcare providers.
- How to stop feeding your cancer and fuel your immune system
- New beliefs around your cancer
- Where do you go from here?
Testimonials from past participants:
I got a lot of new ideas about cancer that I had not been aware of before. For me that was the most important part - a change of perspective from battle to acceptance and from strictly a physical thing to an all-inclusive thing - mind, body, emotions, soul. This is what will stick with me and help me heal.
Jackie, I want to let you know that I find the deep healing meditation (a 10 minute guided meditation) very powerful and helpful for me-----it has led me to believe more strongly in my ability to heal myself and has also led me to identify at least one area of my life on which I need to devote some time and that is unconditional love.
During the course... 'I felt supported and deeply inspired by Jackie's life work. Having this network, tips, support and guidance allowed me to feel empowered and re-energized me to tackle life again. Jackie is so compassionate, open, knowledgeable and just amazing!"
'I’m getting so much out of this deep healing course. It’s been an eye-opener for me, each week I learn something new, so thank you so much for offering this type of course!
When reflecting on the higher purpose of my cancer ... I think back at how I was on the path of unhappiness before the cancer, how I neglected myself, ignoring, not listening or respecting myself. I had forgotten who I was. I was seeing everyone else but me. Cancer, in many ways, opened my eyes to Me !! It brought countless blessings into my life, wonderful people & lots of other things that I would have never taken the time to see or do before. It has been a journey back to myself, to my being, my truth, and mostly to love. Loving and accepting myself for who I am today. This is the most precious gift I can offer to me and to others.
Participants talk about shifts they experienced after taking my course:
- regaining hope, everything is possible and I have all the tools to improve my life and 'shift' to a better self
- dealing with my fears and feeling more at ease with them. I have much less fear, almost none!
- accepting my condition and having confidence in my body
- learning how to care for my body and enjoying every moment, living better
- focusing on the present and not worrying about tomorrow
- living in the present and meeting my own needs
- changing my way of thinking to more positive
Price (7-week course + all bonuses) - using th Daana approach.
Learn from home, at your own pace:
All the sessions are online and ready to be accessed once you register for the course. This means that you can go at your own pace. Although I recommend that you do the course in the order that is presented because each week builds on the previous week, you can also jump ahead to content that is particularly relevant to you in the moment. For example if you are confused about something or need guidance to make a decision you may want to listen to the interview with Dean Shrock right away.
Frequently asked questions:
1) What if I don't find the message my cancer has for me?
This is going to be an extremely powerful, life changing course and although I can't guarantee you will find all the answers you are looking for, I can assure you that you will find what you need to help you on your emotional and spiritual healing journey. During the course I will be taking you through a variety of exercises and guided meditations to help you tune into and be open to the message your cancer is bringing you.
2) What if I don't have the energy to keep up with the exercises?
You can go at your own pace and stop for breaks whenever you feel you need to. The course is structured to be taken over 7 weeks but can extend to suit your schedule and energy level.
3) What if I have never meditated before?
No worries, all the meditations that are a part of the course are guided meditations and I also take you through a meditation at the beginning of every week so you get to practice throughout the course. The key to meditating is to not judge your performance, just allow yourself to be mindful and accepting of whatever comes up for you.
I am a certified Holistic Cancer coach (through The Center for Advancement in Cancer Education) and creator of the CancerShift brand and approach. I specialize and am passionate about helping you see your cancer in a new light and find the blessing hidden in your struggle. I help you move from fear and anger to a place of greater peace and understanding from which guidance and deep healing are accessible.
I was, on several occasions, called to work with cancer patients and became passionate about helping and supporting them as a result of the benefits the people I worked with were experiencing.
I am a certified Life Purpose Coach, meditation teacher and certified Yoga instructor (Yoga Bliss Research and Training Institute). I have been practicing Transcendental Meditation (TM) and yoga daily for over 22 years.
I have also pursued studies in TM, Ayurvedic Medicine, Creative Meditation and Visualization, Reiki as well as Spiritual Psychotherapy and Psycho-oncology.
I graduated in business from Queen's University, Ontario and spent 20 years in marketing and strategic planning before pursuing my passion as a coach, author, public speaker and workshop leader.
If after completing the course you don't have a dramatically different view of your cancer, a better understanding of its role in your life as well as a feeling that you are actively participating in your healing, then I will personally help on your journey!